– Where to start?
If you are reading this, you probably have an idea about marketing plans but you still are not sure about how marketing in the online world differs from the traditional marketing.
The main difference is at the nature of the internet and how it holds enormous potential to interconnect people globally in a way that is unprecedented. It give us access to information like never before and it allows anyone to be able to offer their product or service to almost anyone, anytime and anywhere.
Nonetheless, the classic marketing plan concepts still carry the true principles and ideas that allow any marketing project to succeed.
I would then summarise what I believe are some of the pillars of a digital marketing plan:
- Start on your client and work backwards – everything else will fall into place accordingly
- Understand the Digital Marketing Funnel
- Determine your Online Value Proposition
- In the online landscape, everything is measurable, so mine the data and turn it into actionable information
- Situations and plans change, especially online, so make sure your plan is realistic but flexible
– Creating your Digital Roadmap
This process has a few important steps to understand: